Welcome Epic Dads
It’s been too long, but the podcast is back up and running and this week I have a great interview all about using play help combat anxiety.
My guest on this episode is Charlie Hoehn. Charlie is an author, filmmaker, and marketing strategist. Best known for his playful approach to work, his books — Play It Away, Play for a Living, and Recession-Proof Graduate — have sold more than 10,000 copies.
His work on mental health has reached millions of people. For four years, his article How I Cured My Anxiety was the #1 Google result for the search “anxiety cure.”
In this episode we talk about:
- The advice Ramit Sethi gave Charlie that totally changed his life.
- The strategy (that is always available to you) to help you transition into the work you want to be doing
- The events that led to crippling anxiety and the “aha moment” that helped him free himself from anxiety
- The power of play and how to bring more of it into your life
- The steps we can start taking right now to alleviate our symptoms and move beyond anxiety
- Common causes of anxiety for our kids and teens (and how we can help)
- Valuing play as a family and how to put that value into practice