Welcome Epic Dads
In today’s episode I will be talking to Ben Winter who is an author, speaker,actor, entrepreneur, traveler,and of course father. He loves to explore the physical places around the world, but also, explore the mind. Ben teaches improv to corporations, groups of people that want to have better communication, more fun in the workplace and team building activities.
In this episode we talk about
- How Ben realized that the only reason people get upset is because of unmet expectations and used this idea to write his new book.
- The flow chart he created to help stop being upset
- How to communicate better with spouses and children to avoid unmet expectations
- How to change our expectations with our children because of how different things are from when we were children ourselves.
- Making sure parents are on the same page with communicating to children about expectations.
- The importance of having honest communication with our children and how helpful it is to be an imperfect dad sometimes.